Shortly after the midway point I noticed a new running companion, a pretty blonde golden retrieve. He was running not far from his owner but at some points closer to me. No biggie, he was cute, seemed friendly and had a good pace going. This was all fine until he got spooked by a car and took a hard left directly into my legs. What happened after was probably the least graceful moment in my life. My body, completely void of control, sort of crash lands all while sliding and scraping to a halt in the middle the running path. Naturally the owner, a young mother, ran up to check on me but at this point the only thing more embarrassing would been if wet myself in the process. Thankfully that was not the case. When it was all said and done I managed to get back up and run home to a bottle of peroxide but not without disproving yet anther “wise” person in my life. Like my parent’s, my doctor is wrong. Healthy activity is Not good for you. I would have been much safer had I stayed in my cozy bed and skipped this little “trip".
2013… our year in photographs
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment